Saturday, December 5, 2009

Makeup help?

So I'm 17 and don't wear any makeup. I've worn mascara to school like 3 times. I absolutely HATE taking it off, and it HAS to be waterproof because my eyes water very easily.


So that's about the extent of my makeup experience.


However, I wouldn't mind sometimes wearing a foundation or something to cover the red on my face. I have mild acne, so almost always have bumps or some redness on my face.





My forehead is oily, but there's dry flaky skin that shows up when I use a mineral powder foundation(my mom made me wear it for my senior yearbook picture), and it made my face feel really dry, like when I'd smile it felt like I was cracking the makeup or something.


My face usually gets oily as the day goes on, and usually during long nights. I also live in Florida so it's generally humid, which doesn't help.


Can anyone recommend a good foundation for an oily face that also has dry skin?


And I also have darkish spots under my eyes and look tired a lot. What could I use for that?Makeup help?
First off, you should probably start with a good skin care regimen. The Clinique 3-step one is good and the ladies at the counter can help you figure out which is the best level for your skin type to help both the dry and the oily parts. Exfoliation will help a lot with flakiness and possibly also with acne. I recommend Clean %26amp; Clear Oxygenating Scrub -- it cleans and exfoliates well, but won't dry you out. Always moisturize afterwards, even though your skin is oily.





Concealer will help the undereye circles. Either use a concealer brush or pat it on gently with your fingertips. I like Clinique Airbrush concealer, which comes in a neat little tube and isn't too heavy when you put it on. It's also hypoallergenic, which is important, because it sounds like (from your eyewatering) that you have allergies. (If you ever want to try mascara again, you might try one by Clinique -- all of their products are designed to be free of things you might be allergic to and they do make a Gentle Waterproof Mascara).





As far as a foundation, you might consider a powder foundation. That will give you moderate to full coverage, depending on what you're looking for. Try Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup. If you'd rather ease into makeup, a tinted moisturizer would work well. Try Clinique Almost Makeup or MAC Select Tint. Use a little bit of translucent powder (Airspun, Cover Girl, and Clinique are all fine) to set it.Makeup help?
You dont realy have dry skin from what im reading, you just need to put on a moisturizer on before you put on your makeup. i suggest---http://www.olay.com/images/product/detai鈥?/a>


I think thats my fav moisturizer because it doesnt make me break out, and i have oily skin too. i get pimples too, but if you dont put on a moistrizer then our skin will get even oilyer


so you the best foundation for your skin is mineral powder foundation --- apply after moisturizing-- i like physcians formaula mineral wear-- and loreal barenaturale


For your under eyes use a concealer one shade lighter than your natural skin so you can cover up dark circles, and voila! there you have nice skin.
Hmm... This is very interesting... You should try something light, something natural i guess. Don't go with the heavy makup stuff, it will ruin your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting