Friday, December 11, 2009

Trying to find makeup that will help my acne!?

I don't have bad acne but don't want to get it worse... can anyone recommend and foundation (liquid and/or power)... thanks!Trying to find makeup that will help my acne!?
Everyday Minerals is by far the best makeup that I have used. It's like Bare Minerals but a lot less expensive and it doesn't have the extra ingredients (oxy bismuth) that can irritate skin and cause acne.


You can get a free sample kit at www.everydayminerals.com. You will find it under the custom kits tab. You just have to pay shipping (just over $3.00 in the US). It comes with 3 foundations, 1 blush or bronzer, and a concealer. The samples last much longer than the site says. Mine lasted well over two weeks and I used it daily.


My favorite product that they have is the Silk Dust. It has antibacterial properties and helps heal the skin. I use it under and over my makeup. It helps control oil and my face looks just as good in the evening as it did when I first put it on.


My acne wasn't bad - but my skin has dramatically improved since switching to this makeup. I almost never get any blemishes now.Trying to find makeup that will help my acne!?
Neutrogena. They have the best cover-up makeup, and they also have a makeup line to cover up acne with medication mixed in it. Also Clinique has very, very good face makeup as well. I used to have the same problem with my skin then I changed from cheap makeup to something better and it actually helped my face clear up.
No make-up helps acne!





But if u still wanna use some you can yry Clarins Oil-Free Multi-Matte Foundation or Clinique Clarifying Makeup Clear Skin Formula with astringents and pore-clearing salicylic acid.





Good Luck.
Try using Almay make-up products...they have one especially for acne...it contains medication to help heal acne while ur wearing it...its called Almay Clear Complexion...its awesome...works for me...concealer, foundation, and powder...i believe they also have it in loose powder if thats what u prefer...but its affordable...and it works...i get it at wal-mart...try it!
Try useing maybaleen new yorks pure makeup its 50% water so it wont clog pores. Also try NYC makeup line they are so cheap that you will be suprised.
If you live near or have access to a health foods store, buy your foundation there. Most health food markets will have a make up department. Their foundation uses ';natural'; ingredients that tend to be better for the skin! The foundation will probably not remove the acne that you have, but it could prevent more out breaks of acnce.





Hope that helps!
dont sleep on your face or your side, seriously
I agree the best way to keep your acne consistent if not heal is to be patient. Don't use coverup, I know it's tempting and all but ive tried it in the past and had bad results because of clogged pores. Almost ALL liquid foundation will claim ';won't clog your pores'; but if you think about it.. HOW can it NOT clog your pores when you are smearing over a heftful of makeup on your skin. It's just common sense.. don't believe everything the label tells you. First treat your acne, keep your skin nice and polished, use oil blotters if necessary.. and last but not least.. stay away from cover-up!
Mineral makeup is the only way to go. It covers great and treats your skin well. I use Monave mineral makeup. They make a concealer powder that offers more coverage than any other mineral makeup I've tried, and their loose mineral foundation has a lovely feel and isn't shiny or irridescent like some others (Bare MInerals!) are. I'm a total addict. And my friend who keeps track of my makeup usage remarks all the time about how great and clear my skin looks since I've been using it. I don't know if it's all to do with the mineral makeup, but either way I love it, so I wouldn't ever switch back.





You can check out Monave here:


http://www.monave.com


They have sample kits for $10 with 4 colors of the loose mineral foundation, and they send you tryouts of eye and face colors whenever you order. The sample kits may not be free, but they're an amazing bargain at $10. So much so that I still get sample kits to get a broad variety of shades. They last months! But even the full-size mineral foundations are a great deal there. The only thing I have to say is don't get the setting powder. It's really awful. I still use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil for that.
I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and I haven't had any acne since. It has no oil in it and stays on all day. Feels like your wearing nothing but covers anything. It has to be applied with a damp sponge. Also if you touch your hair a lot and touch your face it makes your acne worse. Wash hands often and keep them off your hair and face. I also use a nail brush every day and keep my nails clean and free from dirt. Every foundation I have ever tried has made me break out except for this one. My skin is extremely sensitive.
Dont use any. It WILL clog your pores.
have you seen the commercials!? proactive!!
bare minerals / essentuals! It doesn't clog up your pores, it feels and looks natural and won't look all cakey!! I use it and its great, and my skin type is similiar to yours too =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting