Friday, December 11, 2009

Never wear makeup HELP!!.. foundation or powder!!?

I've never worn like serious makeup.. only lipgloss and some eye mascara the most... and its not that i hav good skin b/c i have some blemishes and stuff.. im 16 so i want to decide whether i should use liquid foundation or powder...my deciding factor will be onwhich ONE IS BETTER AND HEALTHIER ON SKIN... not to much on concealing.. JUST WANNA KNOW WHICH KIND/ONE IS HEALTHIER TO USE...








.. PROS AND CONS ON BOTH...I WUD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!Never wear makeup HELP!!.. foundation or powder!!?
Most liquid foundations are packed full of fatty oils. They clog your pores and cause breakouts (even the acne treatment foundations) They leave your skin looking dull after a few hours.





Check out Bare Minerals. I have tried everything under the sun... I even sold Mary Kay cosmetics for a short time.





Bare Minerals leaves my skin with a healthy glow all day. It doesn't wear off or melt off when I sweat. I was very skeptical at first. I didn't think a makeup regime of only powder could do the job of hiding my sever adult acne and freakles. But it does! It even improved my skin! And its talc free (most powders have talc) so I don't have to worry about it highlighting my worry lines on my forehead!





You can buy the starter kit online for about $40. It has everything you could possible need (even brushes!) My starter kit lasted me about 5 months.





You should check it out!Never wear makeup HELP!!.. foundation or powder!!?
For your skin powder is better...


1. moisturizer


2. base


3. concealer on dark areas


4. powder foundation (I mean apply water to the sponge of the powder before applying the powder)


5. another really soft powder (applied without water)
ok well first of all it depends on your skin.If you have pretty bad acne/blemishes/scarring you would probably want to use a liquid foundation,then i would suggest using a loose powder over that.like:





http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a>





i know thats expensive but it is so worth it.But if you cant afford something like that then you could always find great products at a drugstore.





If your skin is ok and you just want to cover a few blemishes here and there then i would suggest powder.Well use a concealer first to cover up those spots and then put a powder over it to ';set'; it,and give you a bit more coverage.loose powder will give you a more sheer,light,natural effect,whereas pressed powder will give you a more ';made up'; look.But it all really depends on how much you apply.





But there are also more options then just powder and liquid foundation.you could always go for a powder foundation,like http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a>





once again,i know this is expensive but it is worth it!i have this one and it is fantastic!you could also find powder foundations at a drugstore.Another option is a tinted mousterizer for if you just need sheer coverage.This choice is great for those days you just dont want a lot of makeup on or if you have good skin.Another option would be mineral makeup which is in a loose powder form but acts as a foundation.Some people swear by mineral makeup.I tried bare minerals once,but was not that impressed.But it never hurts to go to sephora or ulta and try it!! It does give good coverage and feels like you are not wearing makeup.Some people do complain though that the mineral makeup does make thier face itch when they sweat.


heres a link for mineral makeup


http://www.bareminerals.com/





as far as which one is ';healthier to use'; out of all of thm the mineral foundation is the ';healthiest';.it only uses pure natural minerals and does not clog pores.As far as liquid foundation sometimes that will have the tendancy to break people out. Powder alone wont do any damage but make sure to always wash your face after wearing makeup , so that way the makeup does not clog your pores.





sorry i wrote so much but just trying to help you out!makeup can be a lot of fun! so good luck.
if you want your skin to be healthier using makeup..


use bare minerals mineral makeup.





www.bareminerals.com
I prefer powder, but foundation stays on longer.
I am not a makeup pro I'm afraid, but I will offer you some personal advice.





When I first started to wear foundation, I found it really had to choose which type, which colour, how to apply, how much to put on etc. So therfore, I would say go in to a local store and ask someone to help you - the assistants are usually really good and they can also give you some free samples on occasion, so its always worth your while and they can answer any questions you have.





As for your skin - you should always start your makeup routine with a cleansed and moisturised face which helps prevent break outs and helps the makeup stay on the skin better.





Also whatever you choose, make sure its the right shade. I say this for 2 reasons - 1 because I always used to get the colour wrong myself and not I have to cringe everytime I look at a photo of myself with an orange face, and secondly because the better the shade suits you, the less product you have to use so the less it clogs your pores etc.





Personally I use a liquid foundation because I have dry skin occasionally and it helps keep it moisturised. I also have fair skin so the SPF is higher and protects my skin that little but more.





If you want to use a liquid foundation I would also suggest that you find an oil free prouct - its usually marked on the lable and it won't cause breakouts in the same way as other products might.





In terms of pros and cons I find that powder gives me a lighter feel on the skin and doesn't give a 'caked on' look, but liquid foundation gives better coverage and a more 'airbrushed' look.





I think the most important thing is to try products out and see what works best with your skin type and colouring. Everyone will have a different preference so go with what gives you the best coverage and as for final advice...I would say that to spend a little bit extra on a product gives you a better quailty and very even coverage really makes the difference!
powder is better for the skin... id recommend basic covergirl pressed powder. it goes on evenly and matches to ur skin better. sometimes liquid foundation makes u look to fake and the color can b alll wrong. the liquid foundation will make blemishes worse. especially if u just keep adding blot after blot to try and keep them covered up! liquid clogs pores where powder really doesnt at all. powder! use powder and apply it with a brush.
Pros on powder its is better for oily skin and won't breakout as mush as foundation





Cons liquid foundation makes your face look older and tends tomake more wrinkly too and not healthy on skin





My personal favorite makeup for any age would be bare minerals this product looks great on your skin and does not look like your actually wearing it which is great and get lots of compliments!!! hope this helps!!!
Powder is better for the skin. Try to get one that very natural-





www.everydayminerals.com
I would say powder is healthier, because it's much easier to wash off completely, but then, the grains of the powder might get sucked into your pores. There are all types of liquid foundations out there for sensitive skin that help reduce blemishes and stuff. Personally, I use CoverGirl liquid foundation, it doesn't mess up my skin at all. I highly recommend it.
Don't use anything it clogs your pores and causes acne and it looks so fake and stupid I don't know why people wear it --- stick with simple stuff
foundation: covers up better, though it may cause break outs bcuz it cause in ur skin and its hard to wear it in summer


powder: easier to use, but does not cover up much


if u really want to cover up stuff then use foundation, though i would not suggest using it everyday..and use powder in summer so it doesnt melt
Since you do have blemishes I recommend Neutrogena's skin clearing liquid foundation.
I would prefer liquid foundation but i have heard of this stuff called bare minerals that supposedly works well but its a powder.
find a liquid/powder combo.....i like using Almay because they're hipo-alergenic....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting